Wednesday, May 18, 2016

GUNS N ROSES: Appetite For Destruction MUSIC REVIEW

Metal....Punk....Glam....and Blues....these were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect dangerous rock band, but Axl Rose can't help but being a perfectionist and added an EXTRA INGREDIENT to their debut album.....MOANING.

Thus, APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION WAS BORN!!


Guns N Roses, man~

Like them or not, they are a very prominent figure in the world of rock n roll. Right on the bat, Guns N Roses walked out to the glam metal scene, with their edgy, reckless and dangerous personas--which was unlike any of the glam metal bands in the 80s. Guns N Roses are not a part of that world, but rather in their own world. A world where risks are taken, judgement ignored, and boundaries are crossed (but lessons learned?...Maybe~). And that's what made them freaking cool and badass....at certain point, personally (call me a baby but I don't think taking drugs, smoking, drinking and lusting makes you cool, but if they make you feel any better...then whatever).

But what about the music, man~? (Not sure why I imagined myself talking and dress like a hippie)

While I am a big fan of Guns N Roses, I honestly never heard of the Appetite For Destruction album except songs "Sweet Child O' Mine", "Paradise City", "Nightrain" and "Welcome to the Jungle" (in fact, I never listened to every single album they made except for the singles; goes to show the kind of fan I really am). There's nothing to regret about it, though--but I am glad to actually go deep into their discography because this debut album is amazing. There's passion, fun, originality and the sense of perfection as each member play their significant role.

Steve Adler pumps this album with his fast and wild drumming, and a lot of well-placed cowbells (you just can't get enough of it). Then, we have Duff McKagan who creatively gives a catchy, bluesy bass play. Working alongside him to provide the rhythm is Izzy Stradlin, who I feel like he does both lead and rhythm at the same time. I mean, he does more in his role as an aggressive rhythm guitarist. And lastly, we have two of the best vocalist and lead guitarist of all time (in my personal opinion). The Les Paul blues top hat rocker, Slash and the snake dancer bandanna singer, Axl Rose.

Slash (and Izzy) gives such hot, amazing, memorable solos and riffs that just makes you want to orgasm many, many times. While Axl Rose's vocal work makes this whole album a beautiful mass of destruction and sexual prowess. Notice that I have been using a lot of dirty words here. That's because this album has a lot of moaning. No, not just from the guitar, but from Axl Rose too.

So, so many moaning....it's so hot and sexy, and dirty.

I love it.  
*insert grinning troll face here*

However, this is a big problem. Because this album (and maybe their entire discography as well) is not safe for work or for public listening or when your parents/guardians around. So pick up the album, listen to it in the car, walk back into your house and into your room, and plug a headset so no one but you can listen (and jerk off to it).

Also notice that I mentioned this album to have the "sense of perfection". That's because to me personally, it's by no means a perfect album. It's very close and near, if only this album can have some slow moments or slow songs after half an hour of sick music. But this is just a personal nitpick of mine. Plus, I will give them that the lyrics here aren't entirely boasting about sex and drugs. Instead, they talk about their drug problems ("Mr. Brownstone"), having everything without even earning it ("It's So Easy"), being a troublemaker ("Out to Get Me"), new life in the big city, ("Welcome to the Jungle") and even appreciation for a certain someone (in many various ways) ("Rocket Queen", "Think About You", "Sweet Child O' Mine", "My Michelle")--these things that are based on their life experiences. And again, about sex too ("Anything Goes", "You're Crazy").

Overall, I enjoy this album and I think all rockers should too. Even the young ones...uuuh...maybe the young ones should listen to some of their singles first. I mean, you can listen the album...but you risk of getting your ears raped by the dangerous band in the world....unless if it's consent... 

Before I provide my rating, this review was requested by a friend of mine from the MCRmy Community, Blood'y Revenge aka Blood. So thanks for sending this request, beautiful. And hope you enjoy reading my review.
  
That being said, this album got my rating of: 4.5/5

Favourite: Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City, Nightrain, My Michelle, Think About You, It's So Easy, You're Crazy, Rocket Queen
Like: Welcome to the Jungle, Out To Get Me, Mr. Brownstone
Mixed: Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Brownstone was the first song I heard from this album. Welcome to the Jungle was AHMAZING. I will buy this in Vinyl, actually.

    - BLOOD'Y REVENGE

    ReplyDelete